For the first time ever I'm trying my hand at a hockey pool. My attention to hockey was kind of casually pulled back about 3 seasons ago; previously I hadn't particularly cared since watching the Leafs as a kid. Up until last season it was mainly Vancouver Canucks games, but being overseas last winter forced me to follow the stats and summaries more, so now I find myself with a bunch of somewhat useless information in my brain concerning an entire league's worth of athletes.
So, might as well put it to some sort of use.
My team (lets call them the Groin Strains):
1. Evgeni Malkin (Pittsburgh Penguins)
2. Henrik Zetterberg (Detroit Red Wings)
3. Dany Heatley (San Jose Sharks)
4. Jonathon Toews (Chicago Blackhawks)
5. Daniel Briere (Philadelphia Flyers)
6. Viktor Stalberg (Toronto Maple Leafs)
1. Christian Ehrhoff (Vancouver Canucks)
2. Jay Bowmeester (Calgary Flames)
3. Nicklas Lidstrom (Detroit Red Wings)
Jay Rosehill (Toronto Maple Leafs)
Nikolai Khabibulin (Edmonton Oilers)
Rules -> 1 point for either a goal or assist by forwards and defencemen, half a point for every penalty minute served by the enforcer, 1 point for every win by a goaltender, and two points for either a shutout or a goal from the goaltender. Plus once-a-month trade options, only exception being an injury or a demotion to a minor league. Let's go!!
***update : Name change to the Groin Stains.
.........also, my goalie, Khabibulin, just scored the game winning goal with ten seconds to go - except on his own net! not certain if I earn two points for that though ........***